I'm very isolated.....no real friends to meet for coffee....my closest friend is a 3 hour plane ride away. My mom died 5 years ago, my dad is helpful and my son adores him, but the behaviors never happen around him. My in laws are divorced and are more interested in their own lives or their other grandchildren so there is very little support there. I rarely see my brother and we only see my husband's siblings on holidays.
I'm going to write about my journey because no amount of googling is helping me find answers on how to help my son. I hope that someone might come upon this and have gone through or are going through the same as we are going through right now.
Let me tell you this before we get started, my youngest is the most loving, helpful, kind kids you will ever meet. He wants to tell you everything he knows about fire trucks, tornadoes and growing tomatoes in his garden. He gives the best hugs and loves to sit on your lap. His smile is infectious and his laugh is the best. This is him almost all of the time.....it's just 30ish minutes a week we lose him and he changes, but when he's mad, he's MAD!
So, he is where we stand: We are 2 full time working parents. We have seen developmental pediatrician, our own pediatrician, counselors and now psychiatry. My son has been prescribed Adderall 5mg every morning and every noon. We are on day 4 of this medication. He is overall more calm (so much so that I didn't realize how much he did run around), but 30 minutes after dropping him off at daycare, I got the call that once again he was "being unsafe". He was scratching and biting teachers and overall just trying to strong arm them. He was somewhat calm just before I got there, but when he saw me he got angry again. However, by the time we got home, he said he wanted to go back to school and try again. He also volunteered an "I'm sorry" to me. Unfortunately, he was not welcome to come back to school today. We'll try again tomorrow.
So, what do I do from here, I have no idea. The Psychiatrist said no change in medication after his incident today. I guess we try again tomorrow.....and pray I don't get called.
No comments:
Post a Comment